Search

Search My Garden Blog with Google Custom Search

28.7.06

unkown flower drawing



This flower popped up in my yard and I think it may have escaped from my neighbor's yard. She buys those pack of wild flowers from Walgreens and tosses the seeds around. The day I noticed this flower I was going to toss it but out of nowhere a large humming bird moth appeared in the yard and started feeding from it. I'd never seen one of them before and I was surprised by how fearless the insect was as it landed and probed all the blooms on the stalk.

2 comments:

  1. Did you draw the graphic of the flower? It is quite striking. I like it.

    The leaves, if they are that feathery in real life may mean it is a Nigella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:31 PM

    Hey Chris,

    Yeah I drew it in photoshop with the pen tool. Glad you like it...it turns out that it's some kind of Delphinium.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!

Feel free to leave a comment. You can always use the search box for my blog or the search "Google For Gardeners" if you're looking for gardening information. If you're looking for seed saving information check out "Seed Snatcher"search engine.

Do not have a blog yourself? Comment using the "anonymous" feature. If you have a Twitter or FB account feel free to use the "Name URL" feature so other people can find you.


Thanks for visiting.